Wednesday 15 May 2013

Denim Shorts Tutorial

Back in april I posted about my denim shorts.  And when I was making another pair for my sister, I thought I'd take some photo's as I made them.

As you can see they where far to short for her but we just hadn't got rid of them yet. So I set about making her a pair of summer shorts. Firstly while she was wearing them I made a litte make to indicate the length she wanted (it's best to do it while wearing them as you can never be quite sure if you've got the right length other wise). Then when she had taken them off with a ruler I marked on a cutting line.




Then I cut along the line. I must warn you though that the front of the trouser leg may be longer than the back because of the knee (but you won't have this problem if they a short shorts). After cutting one leg I folded it over onto the other leg (as shown bellow) to make sure it was at exactly the same length.


Then I simply zigzag stiched the bottom with some red thread I found at the bottom of my sewing box.
And voila! A pair of summer shorts.
I hope this has inspired you!

No comments:

Post a Comment