Friday 13 June 2014

My sisters swim dress for summer 2014

Some of you may know that for summer last year I made a swimming dress for me and my sister but my sister has now out grown her old one so today I spent the morning making her a new one. I found the material yesterday for £2.50 and I absolutely love the way the dress has turned out, it's funky and cute but not too childish (as my sisters getting to the stage where she wants to look a bit more grown up).
I made this by tracing round tops, skirts and dressed from her wardrobe to find the best fit. However I now have a free pattern that shows you exactly how you too can make a dress like this, which you can find here.
I also made a bikini bottom in the same fabric so that if the dress does ride up by accident it won't be as obvious what they are but for obvious reasons I won't display them on the internet.
I also had to show you the hairstyle my sister was wearing today. You can find a video on how to do this hairstyle here.
Those of you who have been following my blog for a while may realise that recently I have been distracted by my exams but I'm soooooo pleased to tell you that I have finally finished and I'm really excited to get back into sewing.
I hope this has inspired you!

No comments:

Post a Comment