Sunday 13 December 2015

Pyjama No.3

Here's another one! Today I want to share with you the pyjamas that I've made for my Mum.

These will no doubt be the best fitting pyjama bottoms that I'll be giving this Christmas, as my mum was able to try them on at every stage, making them the perfect set of bottoms. My mums very much like me, tall and skinny, and so has the same problem, with finding trousers that are long enough.
Top: Primark (£3.50)
Trousers: made by me out of a second hand bed sheet (originally from H&M)

When it came to getting a top to match the pyjama bottoms, I wanted to again pick up on the more purple tones of the fabric I had used for the bottoms and as the bottoms are full length, I decided to get a long sleeved top.
To make the trousers, I drafted a pattern from a pair of her jeans and then I added an awful lot of seam allowance and wriggle room to make these really loose pair of pyjama bottoms. Finally I brought in these trousers at the top with a medium height elastic, which I cut to the measurement I had taken from my Mum.
So now we're almost half way through the pyjamas, so I hope this has inspired you!

No comments:

Post a Comment