Saturday 5 December 2015

The plan

So I know I haven't posted in a while but I've been busy balancing my work and my sewing. This week was also the week where I finally decided what I would make for Christmas.
I was having a little noisy at some Christmas vlogs on-line, when I noticed that a lot of them seemed to feature family members all receiving matching pyjamas. I couldn't help but think how cheesily (I'm not sure if that's a word) cute this ritual was, when it dawned on me that I could make pyjama bottoms for the whole family.

So here's the plan (which I'm half way there to completing).

I'm going to make pyjama bottoms for each family member that I will be spending Christmas with. The bottoms will be made out of either the same fabric or matching fabric. Each person will have a different style of pyjama, as that way each person will still be an individual and the pyjamas won't become some kind of weird uniform.

As I'm already half way through this project, I've already sourced the fabric.

I had to also share with you where I got the fabric for this project from, as it's probably one of the best finds I've had in a long while. I've found bedding sets at my local charity shop (the equivalent of a thrift store). This means that the fabric is cheap and pre-washed, which saves me a job and makes the whole process quicker. Out of each double bed sheet I can get 2 to 3 bottoms and for every single sheet, I make 1 to 2 bottoms. Finally, I've bought several matching tops, in every ones sizes at Primark, as I don't think these pyjamas will be worn more than once, but hey, they'll make great pictures.

You may be asking how many bottoms I need to make.

Well I've got to make bottoms for six people and I'm making a night dress for my cousin to send off in the post, as she won't be spending Christmas with us this year and I didn't want her to miss out. However I've made two options for my sister, one long and one short, so that she will have an option. Another reason for this is because I think the long ones may be a little too long (I'm sure she'll grow into them at some point, right.)

I'm going to give out these pyjamas on Christmas eve!

My blog post won't just be on Sundays and Thursdays now in the run up to Christmas. so stay tuned, as you never know when a post may appear.
As always, I hope this has inspired you!

No comments:

Post a Comment