Tuesday 20 June 2017

Burda New Collection: In full bloom 06/2017

I made this top as a birthday present for a friend. I bought a Burda Style magazine whilst on holiday. Although the instructions are in a different language, it's nothing that google translate and basic expectations of what the pattern was going to say, I was able to knock up this beauty.
Sadly I couldn't find this pattern anywhere else, nor could I find the official name for it. So for the title of this blog post I went for the name of the collection that was on show in the magazine.
As you can see I choose a sparkly and see through fabric. It wasn't an easy fabric to sew with but since it came from a £1 bundle, I can't really complain. I used the pattern as a basic template and then added my own embellishment (the lace). I used the lace to cover all the raw edges and for the straps. This made the pattern even easier. It also added to the fancy/ party feel of this top. With a vest underneath, this top will be perfect for a night out.
I can see myself making more tops with this pattern, due to how quickly I was able to make this one. It took less than an hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment