Saturday 17 August 2013

Simple Crochet hook holder

Some of you may know that recently I've been getting into crocheting (since my mum taught me back in November). And once I got some more hooks I realised that I needed some where to hold them so I made a hook holder from left over denim, which I have from making these.

So here's how I made it:

You will need:
  • 2 larger rectangles
  • 1 smaller rectangle
  • some left over wool
  • matching thread
  • sewing machine

Instructions
  • First sew the 2 larger rectangles together, right sides facing. Leave a gap to turn them inside out.
  • Next turn them inside out.
  • Now get your smaller rectangle, turn over all the raw edges and sew down three of the four edges. The edge that you have not sewn down is the top of your holder.
  • Now sew (leaving a space large enough to fit your crochet hooks) from the top of your smaller rectangle to the bottom. Sew four lines from top to bottom that are evenly spaced out along your smaller rectangle, to create the individual holders as shown bellow.
  • Now roll up your holder and sew on the button equal to where your gap is.
  • Then get your wool and chain as many as you need to reach your button.
  • Finally fold your chain in half and place the beginning an end parts of your chain inside the gap, you used to turn the rectangles inside out, and sew it down.
  • Now you should have you hook holder.
you could jazz it up with cross stitch designs, applique or a crocheted border.

No comments:

Post a Comment